My Dog Max  

Posted by: Linda Mora Lee in , , , , ,




This blog is mainly a tribute to my dog Max. We have had him a little over a year and we have had our ups and downs. The way I came about getting a Jack Russell was not really like some people would have thought. My husband had said to me that he never wanted to get a dog and so I just kept nagging at him because I was raised with dogs my whole life and so I really wanted my children to experience this. We already had two cats, two parakeets and a fish and so I was at first kind of scared to get a dog, but I knew if I waited any longer my husband would not give me the ok, so I started looking that day. My husband said that he did not want a large dog that small or medium in size would be alright and that is mainly because of younger son, he did not want a large dog that would be jumping all over him. I have to admit that I did not at the time do any research on a Jack Russell and really had no idea what one was.

How I Found Max

I was looking through the local online newspaper and I had seen someone post that they had two Jack Russell’s for sale a male and a female and then only lived about 10 miles from me. I was interested mainly because said that they would only grow to be about medium in size. I called the guy up right away and he said that I could come and look at the puppies that day. So I went and picked up my mom and we went to the town to see them. She had warned me that terriers were a hyper breed of dog, but I did not care because I had 4 children hyper was nothing to me.

Seeing Max For The First Time

When I first saw Max it was instant love at first sight, I knew that this was the dog that I wanted to take home. The previous owners lived on a farm like I did so I thought that our home would be perfect in size. He was running around pulling small tree branches around the yard and chasing after balls. I thought wow he is playful, but boy I did not know the half of it. I did ask the previous owner if he would good with children and he told me that yes he would that he had grandchildren come over all the time to play with the dogs and so I took him home.

My Husbands Reaction

My husband is a truck driver and was out on the road when I bought him. I had sent him pictures of Max so that he knew what he looked like. He was kind of shocked at first because I had went and bought the dog so fast, but once he got home he to feel in love with Max and has a close bond with the dog now, that I think he never thought that he would have with a dog.

This entry was posted on 8:00 AM and is filed under , , , , , . You can leave a response and follow any responses to this entry through the Subscribe to: Post Comments (Atom) .

0 comments

Post a Comment